Hello Family and Friends,
The last time Brandon and I sent an update we were 29 weeks pregnant and just entering the third trimester. We will be 37 weeks pregnant on Monday and our little girl will be considered full term. In addition to her growth and us being closer to having her in our arms, a lot has happened in the last 8 weeks.
On July 24th our family put on a wonderful Baby Shower in Tacoma where many family members and friends from the SeaTac area attended and help us celebrate the anticipated arrival of our first bundle of joy.
During July and August we managed to find some time to spend with our dearest friends. We went camping with the Holdt, Wood, and Mahalak families and in early August I escaped to the beach for some girl time with Janelle and Melena. Also, in the beginning of August Brandon started a new role with Nike in Allocations. He is adjusting and performing well in his new position.
Towards the end of July and all of August we decided to make some upgrades to our house before the baby comes. Brandon and his dad created a pantry in the kitchen, Brandon knocked down a wall in the closet that made more storage space, and we had new countertops and a backsplash installed in the kitchen. We are in the process of picking out new flooring but not too rushed to get it in before the baby comes. We figure we needed a little down time before she arrives.
On August 21st, my dearest friends put together such an amazing Baby Shower for us. I had a great time with many special people all in one place to help us celebrate our little girl. Thank you all for coming and brining such wonderful, helpful, and thoughtful gifts. Your love and support is very appreciated. Special thanks to Angela, Dawn, Janelle, Jody, and Melena. You guys did such a wonderful job planning and preparing the baby shower for Baby Girl Richards.
The last week of August I went back to school. I have great classes with motivated students. I plan on working until October 15th; our little one is due Oct. 18th.
The month of September has been busy. At our 33 week appointment I expressed to our doctor I was feeling some pressure in my pelvis and more Braxton Hicks Contractions taking place more frequently. She said that this was great; my body is preparing for labor. She said she wouldn’t stop labor if it came after 35 weeks. Brandon and I left the appointment saying “We are not ready for her in 1.5 weeks.” With the thought she could come that soon we headed out that weekend to buy everything we still needed for her (stroller, carseat, mattress pad cover, more sheets, etc.).
At our 35 week appointment Brandon and I visited Dr. Barrett for our routine weekly exam. The difference this week was we got the opportunity to take a sneak peak at our little girl. The ultrasound technician was great. She showed us her heart beat, the 4 valves of her heart, spine, ears, head, foot, stomach, kidneys, and at the last minute our little girl turned her head to the right and we got a glimpse of her beautiful face. She is in there nice and tight. The picture of her face appears a little smashed /flat but that is expected when she is head down between my pelvis. All of her measurements looked great and she is an estimated 6lbs 8oz (more than I was when I was born). It appeared she has a head full of hair which would explain my constant heartburn:). The technician poked the probe against my uterus which aloud us to see her hair move in the amniotic fluid surrounding her. She is in the most optimal position for delivery; head down and posterior position (head facing my spine). Both she and I are very healthy.
At our 36 week appointment the doctor said that she and I are progressing very well and my body is preparing for labor as expected. Everything appears to be going the best it possibly could.
Also in September, we have attended our Childbirth prep class every Wednesday night and have learned so much. We also signed up for a newborn care and breastfeeding class. We have one more Childbirth prep class next week to wrap up all of our courses. Brandon and I have enjoyed learning so much about the process of childbirth, newborn care, and breastfeeding. Who knew there was so much to learn? We now feel more comfortable and confident going into parenthood. We also know we have each other to lean on. We couldn’t be more excited for the birth of our little girl.
For pictures please follow us on our blog! http://merissarichards.blogspot.com/
The next email we send out we will letting you know we are going to the hospital to eventually meet our little one. Please stay tuned...:)
With lots of love,
Brandon, Merissa, Baby Girl Richards, and Oscar
P.S. If I have missed anyone on the distribution list please forward this email on to them and let me know so I can add them to the list to receive the most exciting news to come.
Test post from phone...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment