Pages

Brandon and Merissa

Brandon and Merissa

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Parenthood in the first 3 weeks

Parenthood
Brandon and I've enjoyed every minute of parenthood for the last 3 weeks. Yes, even the middle of the night feedings. There is nothing more satisfying then providing for Brynn. She is truly a bundle of joy.

During the pregnancy I read a book by a man that tried to explain parenthood. He wrote something along the lines of "you love them so much you just want to eat them up." He continued with "you have to be a parent to know what that means." Well, I understand completely and I think I will have her for lunch :).

Synopsis of week 1-3
Brandon stayed home the first two and a half weeks and recently went back to work on Monday. It was great having him home. Our wonderful friend Dawn stayed with us for the first few days to help us with Brynn or around the house. My mother, Heidi has been so much help. She is in and out helping out with Brynn and bringing us food. We have had a number of visitors to help us welcome Brynn. Thank you all for being so eager to meet our little girl. Jerry and Lorene, Brandon's parents, have been very helpful as well. They visited for 3 days this week and Brynn loved spending the time with her grandparents.

Each day blends very much in with the next. I don't really keep track of the time of day, just the next time Brynn needs to be fed. Sometimes we are up long hours of the night which might lead us to sleep in til noon. This doesn't phase me one bit, whatever needs to be done can wait, this time is for Brynn!

When we brought Brynn home she was slightly jaundice. After 48 hours of light therapy she was cleared of jaundice. The Post Partum Clinic at St. Vincent's is amazing. What a wonderful resource for new parents. We visit weekly to check in with the nurses in regards to breast feeding. I would have NEVER thought breast feeding could be so complicated. Brynn and I have the hang of it now, but it sure takes practice for such a natural thing. Brynn has seen her pediatrician 4 times (twice in the hospital, when she was 4 days old, and 2 weeks old). Each time the doctor reports she is a healthy girl. We feel blessed!

The Plan...
I am staying home with Brynn until March 1. Brandon will take his parental leave from March 1 to May 1. Then summer will start the second week of June. Fortunately, Brynn will be with mom, dad, or family for the first 11 months. We plan on enrolling her in Nike's prestigious child care in September.

I feel privileged to be home with Brynn. We eat, sleep, and play (and sometimes she throws a tantrums to see if mom can guess how creative mom can be to soothe her).

Professional Photos
We've taken a lot of photos of Brynn and even had a professional photographer take maternity and newborn photos. We viewed them last night, they are outstanding. We cant wait to share. Shortly, I will post the online gallery information for you to view the proofs. If you are looking for a maternity/newborn photographer let me know and I will give you her information.

Off to the next diaper change, feeding, then nap :). (aka Motherhood)

Enjoy the pics...

First few days...
A couple days old. This might be the best thing ever!
Having her curled up and taking a nap on me is amazing!

Tummy time with daddy!

I love my dad!

I love this pic!

Someone is well fed :).

Hanging out with dad!

Getting dressed

Just a day old and Oscar looks exhausted.

This is the only jacket we have, it is a little big but made for a great laugh.

This is my favorite photo thus far! Just 4 days old and so cute!

Only 4 days old and out on our first walk around the neighborhood

Oscar loved showing Brynn the neighborhood.

Week 1-2
Bath Time!

Washing her hair and trying to talk her out of turning bright red!

Maybe we've calmed down?

Maybe not!

Going for a ride and ready to meet he world.

Hanging out with mom and dad

Week 2-3

I love the photos of the hands and feet! They are so adorable.


She looks so peaceful and innocent! Love it!
Starting to wake up! I think it is time for a diaper change :).


2 comments:

  1. Love the post and pics! My favorite pic is the very first one of you two... you look great mama! Miss you guys and hope to catch up soon :)

    ReplyDelete